Historic Whitlock Place
Historic Whitlock Place started it's life out as Culver Union Hospital in Crawfordsville. It opened in 1902 thanks to a $10,000 donation from Mrs. Mary Culver in memory of her late husband, L.L. Culver.
The hospital was completed in 1902. In 1927, Montgomery County began the construction on a new building that could hold 45 patients. It was completed in 1929, and the old building became the nurse's headquarters.
In 1939, a new project was started to connect the old and new buildings It was finished in 1942. The expansion was short-lived. In 1950, the fire marshal ordered the first building to be torn down, just leaving the new building. New wings were added in 1966, 1971 and 1977.
In 1980, construction of a new Culver Union Hospital began on Lafayette Road. It opened in 1984 and was renamed St. Clare Hospital in 1999, and in 2011 it was renamed Franciscan St. Elizabeth Hospital and still operates today.
The old facility is currently undergoing a complete renovation to become Historic Whitlock Senior Apartments. The whole building will be used to create 60+ units. It is slated to open in the summer of 2016.